Zinc is the most important element in the body. It is necessary for protein synthesis, for the production of hormones necessary for life. A person’s health can deteriorate significantly if there is not enough zinc in their body.
The role of zinc in human life
Zinc takes part in the following processes:
- Improves appearance.
- Regulates the sebaceous glands.
- Promotes faster wound healing.
- It stimulates the production of necessary hormones.
- Strengthens the bone system and teeth.
- Helps to absorb vitamin A.
- it Speeds up the metabolism.
- Improves the functioning of the brain.
- Helps the genitourinary system work.
- Activates the body’s defenses.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Supports a woman’s body during pregnancy.
Signs of a lack of zinc in the body
If there is not enough zinc, the body begins to signal this. How it manifests itself:
- Metabolic processes are Disrupted.
- There is irritability, unwillingness to do anything, passivity.
- Visual acuity decreases.
- Taste perception is impaired.
- Hair begins to fall out and nails break.
- There is a tremor of the extremities.
- The level of protection of the body is reduced.
- Movement coordination is impaired.
- Begin to worry about skin rashes.
- You lose your appetite.
Attention! Lack of zinc in the body in the future can lead to cancer, infertility, liver cirrhosis, brain disorders, epilepsy.
How to take zinc?
Zinc can be purchased at a pharmacy in the form of tablets. It is prescribed starting from the age of 4 years. Use zinc in tablets should only be recommended by your doctor.
For adults, the daily norm is 1-2 tablets. They are taken an hour before a meal or 2 hours after it. The dose and regimen can be changed depending on the results of the patient’s tests.
Usually, zinc intake is well tolerated by patients, and side effects are rare.
Attention! Zinc in tablets is contraindicated for people with individual intolerance to the drug and lactose.
What products contain zinc?
Doctors say that it is much more effective to get this trace element from food than to engage in drug therapy. Those who want to increase the level of zinc in their body, are shown to use the following products:
- Sprouted wheat. You can eat it yourself or add it to salads by frying it a little in natural vegetable oil.
- Oysters. In addition to zinc, oysters are rich in minerals, protein and protein, and these elements also benefit the body.
- Sesame seeds. They strengthen the General state of health and restore the hormonal balance well. Sesame is usually added to baked goods, salads, and meat dishes. On sale there is sesame oil, which can be smeared on bread. Some people use sesame to make homemade kozinaki or granola.
- Flax seed. Good for the brain and heart. They are often used to treat inflamed intestines. Flax seeds are added to smoothies, salads, and used as a seasoning.
- Pumpkin seed. They reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, ease the condition of menopause in women, improve potency in men and the quality of sleep. Some people add them to a salad, and some people eat them as a separate dish when they want to nibble something.
- Rolled oats. It is useful to start your day with a plate of oatmeal porridge. Thanks to it, the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestine is carried out. Oatmeal is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes as it regulates the level of sugar in the blood.
- Cocoa powder. Zinc, which is a part of cocoa powder, perfectly strengthens the immune system. In addition to making a chocolate drink, cocoa can be added to cocktails, and fruit salads can be filled with it.
Zinc is an important element that helps the body function properly. It is found in food and is sold in pharmacies as tablets.